I Am Marie Curie Ordinary People Change The World Series
Each picture book in this series is a biography of an American hero, told in a simple, conversational, vivacious way, and always focusing on a character trait that made the person heroic.
Hardcover Retail: $16.99
8 in stock: Need more? Contact us.
The first woman to win a Nobel Prize, physicist and chemist Marie Curie is the 19th hero in the New York Times bestselling picture book biography series about heroes. (Cover may vary)
This friendly, fun biography series focuses on the traits that made our heroes great–the traits that kids can aspire to in order to live heroically themselves. Each book tells the story of one of America’s icons in a lively, conversational way that works well for the youngest nonfiction readers and that always includes the hero’s childhood influences. At the back are an excellent timeline and photos. Being a woman scientist in the 19th century meant Marie Curie faced plenty of obstacles, but she never let them dull her love of science and passion for learning.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big.
Included in each book are:
• A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
• Photos that bring the story more fully to life
• Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
• Childhood moments that influenced the hero
• Facts that make great conversation-starters
• A virtue this person embodies: Marie Curie’s perseverance was critical to making her discoveries known
You’ll want to collect each book in this dynamic, informative series!
|7.85 × 7.85 × .35 in