How to Sew a Button And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew A Money-Saving, heartwarming, Life-Simplifying Guide
Paperback Retail: $17.00
Out of stock: Contact us regarding future availability.
These days, dry cleaners press shirts, delivery guys bring pizza, gardeners tend flowers, and, yes, tailors sew on those pesky buttons. But life can be much simpler, sweeter, and richer–and a lot more fun, too. And, as your grandmother knows, it actually pays to learn how to do things yourself!
Practical and empowering, How to Sew a Button collects the treasured wisdom of nanas, bubbies, and grandmas from all across the country–as well as modern day experts–and shares more than one hundred step-by-step essential tips for cooking, cleaning, gardening, and entertaining, including how to:
- polish your image by shining your own shoes
- grow your own vegetables (and stash your bounty for the winter)
- use baking soda and vinegar to clean your house without toxic chemicals
- feel beautiful by perfecting your posture
- roll your own piecrust and find a slice of heaven
- fold a fitted sheet to crisp perfection
Complete with helpful illustrations and brimming with nostalgic charm, How to Sew a Button provides calm and comfort in uncertain times. By doing things yourself, with care and attention, you and your loved ones will feel the pleasing rewards of a job well done.
|Dimensions||5.25 × .75 × 8.25 in|