New: Bookmark Design Contest
We hope you enjoy our new 2018 bookmarks and will have fun collecting all 5 designs when you visit the book fair. Due to the popularity of our children’s bookmark contest (details below), we’re giving you the opportunity to design our next bookmark! We’re finalizing the details – check back in early 2018 for more information.
Design our 2019 Children’s Bookmark
We’re inviting elementary school students (Grades K – 5), to submit their original artwork for a chance to win. Designs may be submitted by mail or email, and must be submitted by October 31, 2018.
- The winner’s artwork will be featured on our 2019 children’s bookmark.
- A $200 Green Valley Book Fair gift card for the winner’s school.
- A free gift for each student in the winner’s class.
Rules and Specifications
- For hand-drawn submissions, download the Bookmark Template.
- Artwork can be hand-drawn or computer illustrated. If creating a computer illustrated design, save as a .jpg or .tiff file at a resolution of 300 dpi.
- Artwork must be 4″ w x 11″ h, OR 2″ w x 5.5″ h, and be on plain white paper (no notebook or lined paper).
- Artwork must be an original design by the student.
- Artwork will not be returned, and will become the property of the Green Valley Book Fair. Select pieces may be hung on display at the Book Fair to showcase the talent of our youth.
- Student must include their name, school name, phone number or email address (so we can contact the winner), and current grade level.
- HAVE FUN!!
If you have any questions, you may call us at 800-385-0099, or email us at [email protected]
Where/how to submit artwork
- In person at the Book Fair during scheduled open dates.
- In person at the Snow and Ice Christmas and Gift Store in Harrisonburg, VA at 4080 Evelyn Byrd Ave (Monday – Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Via mail by sending to the Green Valley Book Fair, 2192 Green Valley Lane, Mt. Crawford, VA 22841.
- Email to [email protected].
Congratulations to our 2017 winners, and thank you to everyone who entered!